Friday, July 9, 2010

Sailing, sailing, o'er the bounding main...

Okay, so it's not the bounding main. It's not even a big lake that can develop large-ish waves. It's just Little Prairie Lake, a few miles out of town. In fact, it's not even that - yet. I'm scrounging a bit, and e-baying a bit, so I can get myself a little sailboat to take out and learn to sail. Someday I'd like to have a nice, big-ish (I know that's not a real word!) sailboat to take out on the real ocean, and finally begin to discover a bit more about myself, and the world we all live in. For now, though, I'm just working up to purchasing a small, 2 man sailboat. Perhaps a little Sunfish, or Minifish. I'm thinking probably just a nice little Super Snark. Odd names for boats, aren't they? But, from what I've read, if I want to learn to sail, and find out if it's something I might enjoy doing on a larger boat, these little boats are perfect.

Oh, to catch the wind, and ride it across the waves... or something like that.

I'm in my late 30's. I should be able to do this, right? Of course, my parents are still very negative about it. I don't know... I'd just like to have a decent 37 foot Beneteau Evasion sailboat, and just sail away, sometime. Yeah... it's my favorite sailboat design, for what I have in mind, so far. Also, they're just so pretty, as a sailboat, in, or out of the water.

Tomorrow, I'll be getting up at a reasonable hour to go to town with my mother, who's still visiting post 4th, to go see what there is to see at the local farmer's market. Who knows what sort of strange and exotic... umm... yeah, right; it's the Rolla Farmer's Market - there won't be too much of high interest to be seen, unless you like plants, vegetables, fruits (smaller selection), or homemade doodads and gewgaws. I may be mistaken. If so, I'll be sure to say so right here tomorrow.

Grass is starting to get shaggy in the yard again. Almost time to mow, again. For tonight, however, I think I'll crack open a cold one.

G'nite, everyone. See y'all tomorrow.

-Mathew

No comments:

Post a Comment