Sunday, July 11, 2010

Local Lake, missed the Market

We got out of the house a little late to catch the full farmer's market on Saturday - apparently it closes around noon, so we just didn't go. They also hold the farmer's market on Tuesday mornings, in a downtown parking lot, but I think we'll wait until next Saturday and see the full Farmer's Market, instead.

So... After mowing the grass at a property in town, I took off a few miles out of town, to the Little Prairie Community Lake - a small lake run by the Missouri Conservation Department - where I should be able to take a small sailboat, so long as I also spend a few minutes of my visit casting a line for fish. Who knows? Perhaps I might become a fisherman, as part of my learning to sail, too.

Speaking of Tuesday, Verizon sent me an email today that my new Incredible has been shipped (Finally!). I look forward to finally getting a chance to play with it - I'll post a review of how it does for me, probably around the end of the week.

Also, I should have enough scrounging done by the end of this week to be able to go and get a small sailboat! As I mentioned before, just a 10 to 14 foot "little" boat, but that's perfect for learning the basics. By this time next week, I hope to be taking advantage of some nice breeze on the lake at Little Prairie.

Storms, and possible tornadoes in the forecast for... right now! No storms to speak of, yet, although we have had a small amount of rain, and there is some distant thunder to be heard.

And so, I leave you once again, oh friendly, yet largely nonexistent Nag-Reader. Welcome to the Nagogami Hills Farm, with cows chewing cud, and cats catching mice. Come back again soon.

-Mathew

No comments:

Post a Comment