Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Android Incredible - short run?

Hey, as promised, I'm here to talk about the new Incredible phone available through Verizon. As the name says: it's Incredible! Mine just arrived in the mail yesterday, and I've got it all charged up and running well. I was having some trouble applying a screen protector to the phone, so stopped at an authorized Verizon dealer in town, where I learned something interesting: HTC and Verizon are shutting down production on the Incredible already! Not because of a problem with the phone, but either because Verizon wants to push the Motorola X, or because (maybe?) the company that provides the snapdragon processors to HTC for the phone has closed. I'm not clear on the details. I did get a chance to look at a demo (read - empty/fake) Droid X phone; it's HUGE... a LOT bigger in it's dimensions than the Incredible. Ladies with small purses and small pockets: you won't know where to put it. Gents, as well: this phone will stand up and show above your shirt pocket, and probably be sneaking out of your rear pants pockets, too.

I'm glad I got the Incredible while I could. Once I got the GPS function turned on, it pinpointed me very closely to my actual location. I can watch streaming video online easily with the 3g connection, it doesn't slow down at all no matter how many apps are open at once (that I could tell), and... and... well. Let's just color me impressed, right? I do wish it worked for watching tv shows on Hulu.com, though. Not the fault of the phone, but of Hulu itself, I'm pretty sure. I'll be keeping my eyes open for any workarounds so I can watch my tv shows there, though, as I'm sure many other people are doing.

Aside from playing with my new phone, I mowed a bit, this morning, and am now inside the house and thinking quite seriously about lunch. Perhaps I'll reheat some chicken I grilled last night; it turned out really good.

That's all for now, from the Nagogami Hills Farm, in Missouri. The cows say Hi, and the cats expect you to bring a fresh mouse with you on your next visit. ;-)

Until later!

-Mathew

No comments:

Post a Comment